Thursday 11 October 2007

Im back!





So I am finally back after 8 days in Paris. I wish I could say it was fabulous and all fun fun fun, but to be honest all I wanted to do since the day I arrived was to go back home to London again!

I arrived last Monday and checked in at my hotel (Hotel Residence Concorde) which was located on Rue Cambon. Amazing location, yes. But the hotel was awful. You cant even call it a hotel, a prison would have been nicer actually. Five flights of stairs (no lift), no lock on the room, dirty sheets and dirty bathroom. Disgusting. I left immediately and checked in to a lovely hotel next door called Hotel Cambon. As I entered, I was greeted by a lovely smell of scented candles (Black Tea scent to be precise) and the rooms were beautifully decorated.

I headed out to Colette where my friend Scott (aka "The Sartorialist") had an exhibition alongside bloggers such as Facehunter. The shop was packed with people and champagne and canapes were nearly impossible to get to! As I was about to leave (I get very moody when I cant eat) I was greeted by the most amazing sight...Karl Lagerfeld himself stood right in front of me! I dont ever get star struck but if you know me and know the obsession I have with Chanel, you know how big of a deal this is to me! WOW! I couldnt help but take a picture...

I left with a big smile and a goodie bag. I must say that the goodie bag was rubbish. It contained a Colette compilation CD (nice) and a Diesel lookbook. Err, hello?! A lookbook!? Clearly someone in the Colette press office had not worked hard enough on that event...tut tut.

No comments: