Friday 21 September 2007

FrostFrench store launch





So after the Lagerfeld screening I headed north to Islington, Camden Passage to be precise, for the store opening of FrostFrench.
I must admit that I was a little hesitant to their chosen location for a shop. This is not exactly a destination area for shopping as there are mainly antique shops nearby.

The place was packed by the time I got there so I huried my way to the bar for a refreshing glass of Moet (well, I wouldnt want to break the tradition!). Standing right next to me were the designers themself - Sadie Frost is absolutely tiny! They both looked gorgeous and made an effort to speak with all the guests.
The shop is huge (1,000 sq ft) and is beautifully decorated with antique furnitures, wooden floor boards and open fire places. The collection consists of tailored velvet, sequined capes and printed fishnet tops. They have also bought in vintage one off handbags from the popular vintage store in Primrose Hill - Shikasuki on Gloucester Avenue. They worked really well together with the brand although I personally do not think that this was Frost French strongest collection. The fabrics could have been better, they have always been great at using cashmere and creating beautiful tops and dresses so I was missing this from the range.

The goodie bag contained a super cute Frost French t shirt, pot of foot lotion, chocolate, styling products and hand made cards from Shikasuki.

It is definitely a place to visit, simply because the shop is so cute and they have a great idea.
I just hope that it has longevity.

FrostFrench is located on 22-26 Camden Passage, Islington N1

No comments: