Sunday 30 September 2007

When in Paris..

So I am off to Paris tomorrow morning for Fashion Week - I really cant wait!
London Fashion Week was great but lets face it, Paris is THE ultimate fashion week! It is home to so many of my favourite designers (Chanel, Givenchy, Balenciaga...) and I am so excited to see what the new collections will be like.
Not to mention all the superstylish people who will walk round the Tuileries in their 10 inch heels making it look like they are wearing trainers! I get so inspired by what other people are wearing, I could sit for hours and just people watch. Probably why I love looking at The Sartorialist's pictures every day! Speaking of which, he is an old aquaintance I met about a year ago when I was interviewing him for Stylebible in New York. We usually meet up in Paris during fashion week so it will be great to see him again. He is so talented.

So, here are a few things I am looking forward to this week:

1. Violet tea and rose macaroons at LaDuree
2. Shopping at Reciproque - my favourite shop in the whole world!
3. Going to Diptyque to stock up on my candles
4. Dinner at L'Avenue on Avenue Montaigne
5. Pressing my nose against the window of Chanel at Rue Cambon
6. Renting a bicycle and cycle around the Eiffel tower (although this time I am sans my husband so don't think I am brave enough to do so...)
7. The Jean Charles de Castelbajac show and after party (which is always THE talk of the town)
8. Lunch at Colette, cuddling with the supercute dog who is always in the cafe

Here is what I am NOT looking forward to:

1. People smoking in restaurants (I am super allergic)
2. My shitty hotel (on a positive note though, its next to Chanel on Rue Cambon)
3. Trying to make myself understood on my pigeon french! Sacre bleu!
4. The taxi queue at Gare du Nord

No comments: